At the annual general meeting in June 2005, the members of the Inter-A Student Society passed a motion to accept certain beliefs and principles about the Inter-A program. These were developed from an initial meeting held in the spring of 2004, when students, alumni, teachers, and parents gathered to share ideas.
In Inter-A we believe in:
- Welcoming students of differing abilities into the program.
- Encouraging students to build on the individual strengths they bring to the program.
- Respecting diversity.
- Building and strengthening partnerships between students, parents, alumni and teachers.
- Modifying the program to reflect the needs of the partners.
- Using a cross-curricular, cross-graded approach to learning.
- Assisting individual growth while at the same time developing group skills.
- Taking education beyond the classroom.
- Developing leadership skills and citizenship.
- Having students contribute to the greater community.